The CMJ University has come into existence by virtue of a special Act of Meghalaya State Assembly sponsored by the CMJ Foundation of Higher Education & Research Society striving to bring this small town on the national educational map. With the humble beginning in the 2009 by the establishment of CMJ UNIVERSITY, the society continues to map rapid strives in the field of higher & technical education. At present university is offering courses in diverse fields like Dental Science, Management, Pharmacy, Engineering Education, Hotel Management etc. In response to the concerned expressed by the Hon’ble Prime Minister regarding the urgent need to create a second wave of institution building of Excellence, the CMJ foundation has taken the initiative to establish a world class, multi-faculty teaching & research university with students from across India and around the world at Shillong in Meghalaya. CMJ University is established by a State Act (No.4 of 2009) under Section 2(F) of the UGC Act 1956. It has started functioning from the current Academic Session (2009-10) from premise at Laitumukhra, Shillong, Meghalaya with adequate and well developed state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities I.e. Lecture Halls; Seminar & Conference Rooms; Laboratories & Workshops; Library & Computer Centre. Established under CMJ University Act 2009 (Act 4 of 2009) Passed by the Meghalaya Legislative Assembly Published in the Gazette of Meghalaya on 20th July 2009 Laitumukhra, Shillong, Meghalaya -793 003
Registration for Ph.D. Degree at CMJ University (UGC approved University) official website : www.cmjuniversity.edu.in
IMSR had tie-dup with CMJ University to provide the most flexible UGC approved PhD degree course for working and busy people. We have framed flexible guidelines for admission to the Ph.D. Degree in the light of the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations 2009.
Eligibility: A Master's Degree with minimum 50%. Student can do PhD in any specialization irrespective of their master degree specialization.
Duration: 30 to 35 months from the date of admission. The period may extended if student takes more time in research work.
Course fees: Rs. 7000 Admission and Development charges + Rs. 30,000 at the time of admission + Rs. 30,000 within six months from the date of admission + Rs. 30,000 after six months from second installment + Rs. 30,000 after six months from third installment. Guide and thesis fees will be extra if IMSR have to arrange for you, payable in advance. Fees can be paid by DD/Cash/Bank to Bank transfer or by at par cheque. "Indian Management School & Research Centre" payable at Mumbai.
1. Candidate required to pay Rs. 1000 against Prospectus fees and entrance exam fees.
2. Once IMSR receives the fees , we will send the prospectus, Admission form to student by courier.
3. Entrance exam question paper will be sent as an email attachment. Student will appear exam at home and send the answer sheet by courier or scan and send via email. Within two days result will be declared and on passing student have to send following documents and FEES amount. All documents has to be notarized or attested from gazette class officer.
- A. Filled application form
- B. Six recent colour passport size photos
- C. Photocopy of 10th, 12th mark sheets and certificate (Recognized Indian board)
- D. Photocopy of all three degree mark sheets and certificate (Recognized UGC University)
- E. Photocopy of Master degree mark sheets and certificate (Recognized UGC University)
- F. Photocopy of ID and residence proof.
- G. Migration certificate in original. Student can apply it and can provide later within six months. If not provided admission will be cancelled and there would be no refund of paid fees.
- H. First installment of Rs. 37,000. Fees can be paid by DD/Cash/Bank to Bank transfer or by at par cheque. "Indian Management School & Research Centre" payable at Mumbai.
4. IMSR will provide provisional letter of admission within three days from the date we receives all admission documents in order.
5. University will provide enrollment number and I card within 90 days maximum.
6. University will conduct Centre/Postal exam of two subjects after six months from admission date. IMSR will provide study material of Research Methodology and Computer Application right after the admission acceptance from the University. Exam results will be declared within a month by the University.
7. On passing the exam student required to provide synopsis to IMSR and provide the name of guide if student arranging it. IMSR will also provide guide to student at additional cost.
8. Student will write the thesis with the help of guide and submit to the University for approval.
9. Final VIva will be conducted at IMSR campus or at students place for convenient purpose.
10. PhD degree will be awarded by the University within 35 months from the admission (can be delayed if research work not completed on time) and IMSR will courier the Degree certificate at Student contact address.
Subjects and Specialization areas offered for Ph.D.
Agriculture, Bengali, Botany, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Business Administration, Computer Science, Cosmetology, Commerce, Chemistry, Disaster Management, Education, Engineering, Environment Science, Ecotourism, Electronics, Entrepreneurship, English Literature, Economics, Fine Arts, Fashion Technology, Geo-informatics, Geology, Geriatric Care, Geography, Hindi, Home Science, History, Horticulture, Hospital Administration, Human Rights, Hospitality Management, Interfaith Studies, Insurance Management, International Studies, Indian Diaspora, Intellectual Property Rights, Law, Linguistics, Library Science, Labour and Social Welfare, Medicinal Plants, Mass Communication, Mathematics, Management Studies, Microbiology, Music, Nanotechnology, Peace Studies, Pollution Control, Pomology, Political Science, Population Studies, Police Administration, Physics, Physical Education, Psychology, Public Administration, Renewable Energy, Rural Development, Sanskrit, Sports Science, Social Work, Sociology, Spirituality, Statistics, Sustainable Development, Technology Policy, Total Quality Management, Urdu, Women's Studies, Yoga, Zoology.
Awaiting confirmation and Fees of Rs. 1000 to proceed. Admission last date 30th September 2011.
Pravin - Admission Dept.
Indian Management School & Research Centre
321, Platinum Technopark, Sector 30A,
Vashi, New Mumbai - INDIA 400705
Tel : 022-27810756/57
Mobile : 9819120140